Getting aMember to create wordpress users

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by bennyuk1, Jul 2, 2012.

1. bennyuk1

bennyuk1 aMember Pro Customer

I hope this is a simple one.. I havbe aMember 4.3.6 with wordpress 3.3

I have imported 100 members into aMember. That all worked fine. (imported as csv from previous cusotm member site)

All these members are currently unsubscribed, and I want them to be able to login and create a new site subcription.

I'd like all the members to have wordpress accounts to allow them access certain parts of the wordpress site before subscribing, and then once they are subscribed they get access to more of the site.

Q1. Can I sync users to wordpress if before they have a subscription?

Q2. Can grant 2 types of site access, eg cetain accessa for Expired aMember and full access for Active aMember?

Q3. Can access be defined via "Groups"? Is there more documentation that might help me understand this better?

Thanks in advance

Ben
  2. bennyuk1

bennyuk1 aMember Pro Customer

sorry ^ aMember v 4.2.6
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

1. No. Create free product just for site access. Assign that product to wordpress group and then use mass subscribe in order to add that product to all users.
    2. Sure you can do this. If you want to assign these users to different groups, set aMember CP -> Setup -> Wordpress -> Default level. Expired users will be assigned to that level.
    3. If you mean user groups in aMember, then no it can't