Have I Inadvertently Messed up my IPN from PayPal?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by ak48avk, Mar 4, 2012.

1. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

I am waiting to hear from the Help Desk on this but need a bit of instant advice before PayPal decide to disable my IPNs.

After my upgrade from V3 to V4 existing recurring subs were not being processed by aMember. Support identified it as a problem with imported payments and fixed it. Subsequently I had to rebuild my site after a malware attack and I took the opportunity to tidy some loose ends. I originally called my amember folder ak_amember and decided I would prefer just amember. Was this wise?

Everything is working fine except those old recurring subs need the fix again which I have requested help with from support. But now PayPal have picked up that IPN url in the ak_member folder is not recognised. Was it a big mistake to change the folder name?

In the meantime my main concern is to stop Paypal disabling my IPNs. So, is it ok to create a dummy URL for the php in an ak_member folder for the timebeing?

Thanks.
  2. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

On reflection, I realise a dummy URL won't help as the IPN requires a response within a certain time.

I emailed PayPal who gave me a useless reply - just confirming that yes a response was expected from the URL etc. with no suggestion as to my particular problem. They failed to tell me why, although the correct IPN URL is now set in my PayPal profile, it is still sending IPNs to the old URL.

I don't know how long they wait before disabling my IPNs, so I would appreciate some help on this.

Thank you
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Resolving in the helpdesk.
  4. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

Thank you Alex for your quick response.