Hide Products if Disallowed

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by skylab, Jul 20, 2013.

1. skylab

skylab Member

I'm trying to hide products that should not be seen if they are disallowed. I can't seem to figure out how to hide it.
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

It is s two-step process.

1. Configure "product visibility" on the product page as shown below:

product_availability.png

2. Make this setting on the sales page using the form editor inside the product brick.

product_visilbility_SF.png
  3. skylab

skylab Member

Attached Files:

4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I have this working on many sites. I don't know why it does not work for you. Is the "Upgrade to Premium" a product or an upgrade path? I have never tried this technique with an upgrade path.
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

It could be a bug in the upgrade path system. Contact amember support to fix it.

David
  6. skylab

skylab Member

It's a separate product. I wasn't actually sure how the upgrade paths work so I didn't have it setup that way. I wanted it so the member only pays $50 for the $149 plan from the existing $99 plan he/she has.
  7. benfitts

benfitts Member

It does sound like a bug. According to the screenshots you showed that product shouldn't be showing on your new member signup form.

An easy solution is to setup your signup form to only show specific products. Right now you have it set to show all.
  8. skylab

skylab Member

Perhaps an update will fix this. I have 4.2.14

Question though, if I set it to show only specific products, how would they order the upgrade package then?
  9. benfitts

benfitts Member

The upgrade package is a different sign up form. There are two radio boxes next to your sign up forms in the form editor. You can make one sign up form for guests and one for upgrades.

Default for signup - what guests see
    Default for members - what logged in members see (this is where your upgrade form would go.)
  10. skylab

skylab Member

So with an upgrade, I can charge $50 for what the package normally costs $150 without the upgrade. Correct? I'll have to try this out.