How can customers cancel recurring payments?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by goexcel, Dec 5, 2012.

1. goexcel

goexcel Member

Are there any payment plugins, or any options to allow customers to cancel their recurring payments directly from their aMember accounts? I know this can be done through PayPal, however, the customer needs to login to PayPal. Can this be done if Authorize.net is used or any payment plugin?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, it works automatically for Authorize.Net and many other payprocessors.
    PayPal does not provide a secure way to implement this from website side.
  3. goexcel

goexcel Member

Thanks Alex. How would we instruct a recurring customer to cancel their own account if we are using Authorize.Net as your payment plugin?
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

User should see cancel link in his member's area -> payment history. Link will be available for each recurring invoice which user have.
  5. goexcel

goexcel Member

Wow, that is awesome! What a great way to limit customer support by allowing customers cancel themselves directly from their AM account. A big thumbs up, and this will really reduce the amount of emails and phone calls we get! ;)
  6. mhalper2000

mhalper2000 aMember Pro Customer

How is the Authorize.net sign up process though? I tried setting up the plugin for Payza and it seemed very difficult for a use to pay - they had to set up a payza account and answer a bunch of questions.

I use Paypal as it seems a little easier and a lot of people already have paypal. But the lack of cancel functionality in the amember is a concern.
  7. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

Keep in mind that sometimes the admins/owners don't like the customers having an easy way to cancel their subscriptions, so if I was you guys (Alex) I'd add that as an option in the setup/config menu too (to show/hide cancel link for recurring subs).