How can I make a special signup page?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by footman, Sep 23, 2012.

1. footman

footman Member

What I mean is I'd like to keep the main default signup page I have now for only one product, but have another I can send a link to certain people to signup with another product.

I made a new signup page for that product. How do I make sure it creates the user in my vB site for the correct membership level?

FYI - I use Zombaio as my processor for the main membership, however this will be a free trial membership. Zombaio doesn't allow me to add a free membership product.

Thank you,
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

3. footman

footman Member

Thank you Grant. I have the form set up and it is separate from my default.

However my hope is to have it set up a new member in the correct usergroup on my vB site without going through the payment processor.
    I do not see how to connect this signup page to a specific usergroup in my vB database.
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I don't have any experience with the vB plugin but I would assume it would allow you to associate a membership product with a vB user group. You would then then create a signup form for that specific product.
  5. footman

footman Member

Well Grant, unkowningly you may have helped me by mentioning the vB plugin. That reminded me to check the plugin settings for protected content -> integrations -> add a new record (I believe this is the part that connects the aMember product to the vB usergroup.

Fingers crossed it works. I'll reply again after it's tested by a new member.