How Can I Specify A Page To Redirect To After Sign In Via Widget?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by drmain, Sep 25, 2012.

1. drmain

drmain New Member

Quick question on Amember 4....When running the latest version of Amember 4 and Wordpress, can you easily specify the page someone is directed to once they login?

For example, let's say they are on my home page and I have a login widget in the sidebar. When they login, I don't want them to stay at the home page, I want them to then be automatically directed to a specific members page that I specify. Is this possible and if so, how and where do I set that up?

Thanks in advance.
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Interesting. I always thought the aMember Widget would use the settings from Setup/Configurations -> Login Page. After testing I discovered this is not true. In the aMember widget configuration there is a setting for logout URL but not login URL. Maybe Alex or David or somebody else has an idea on this....
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I put in a request on the bug tracker for the widget to follow the same rules set in amember. Its supposed to be implemented in the next update.

David
  4. drmain

drmain New Member

Thanks for the replies guys. While I am waiting for the next update, is it possible for me to put some kind of code in the widget template area that would direct them to a specific member page?
  5. gswaim

I don't use the aMember widget for logins. IMHO, it just takes up too much valuable space on the home page. I use the aMember text widget to provide links to the aMember login page to those that are not logged in. I use another aMember text widget to provide other important aMember links to logged in users.

Example of logged out sidebar widget.

amember_login.png
  6. drmain

drmain New Member

Thanks for the reply Grant. Are you able to share the code/text you put in both the logged in and logged out text widgets?

P.S. Looking forward to your videos in a few weeks.
  7. gcornelisse

gcornelisse New Member

Anyone know if this option has been released yet? I'm using 4.2.15. The widget still redirects back to the page you logged in from despite the settings in amember.
  8. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

9. gswaim

Here is an alternative way to link WordPress to aMember. It takes up less room on the home page than the aMember widget and there is not problem with redirects.

Sorry for the length of the video, but in my day job I am a teacher. Too much info is better than not enough :)