How do I hide a product from the signup form?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by aydesign, Jul 13, 2013.

1. aydesign

aydesign New Member

[​IMG]

I've created 3 subscriptions, that I'd like to be viewable on my signup page
    www.-----------.com/amember/signup

But I'd like to create a free "test" account, so I can see how things would look as if I were a member of the website, since I can't log on to the members page, with my admin account info.

Is there a way to hide the "sample subscription" from showing up on the sign up page?
    (so other people cannot sign up for that type of subscription)

In the ***Choose Action*** portion, there's a "remove category" but I'm not clear on what that would do. Would that delete the "sample subscription" product listing altogether?

Or if I set up a user with the "sample subscription" now, and then delete the "sample subscription" product, what would happen to the user that had been signed up for the now non-existent product?
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

The "yoursite.com/amember/signup" page is displayed, by default, when a user clicks on "Signup" or goes to the Add/Renew tab of the Member's Area page. You can create as many signup pages as you want and provide links to these pages in your site.

So, remove the "Sample Subscription" product from the default signup page and add it to a custom signup page. The new signup page will have a unique URL which is shown in the URL column on the Forms Editor homepage. You can then access this signup page by simply going to its URL. For testing purposes, you don't have to place the URL on the site.

Instructions on editing and creating forms in found on this page of the aMember Support Wiki.
    I am not sure what you are reffering to here, but it shouldn't have anything to do with product visibility on the sales page.

The user would still be in the system, but would not have access to the product since it does not exist.
  3. aydesign

aydesign New Member

Thank you very much for the help, much appreciated
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner