How does Amember determine which language to use for system emails sent to customers?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by tomingles, Aug 23, 2013.

1. tomingles

tomingles Member

Under Setup/Configuration > Email > Messages to customer after payment it's possible to edit and translate the email templates that go out to customers, which is great.

My question is, how does the system determine what language to send an email in? Is there a language variable set against the User when they first create an account based on what language they selected for the signup interface at that point? Or is it based on a country they enter during sign-up?

Apart from the initial "Send Signup E-Mail" that I want to send out, one of the templates is "E-Mail Payment Receipt to user" and I want to be sure that if I switch this on, the Spanish users that sign-up will get their receipt email in Spanish every month.

If anyone can clarify this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
  2. tomingles

tomingles Member

Answer from Support:

When a user goes to the signup page for the first time, aMember tries to determine what language to show. (from the browser Accepted-languages header).

Then if the user signs up using that language (or if he/she changes language and then signs up), the resulting language choice will be stored in user's profile and will be used in future, including for system emails sent to the customer.