How to include password in the confirmation email for a new paying member?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by mpbiz, Sep 25, 2012.

1. mpbiz

mpbiz New Member

I need to be able to add the customer's password they typed in while ordering. Their password should be right under where it says "Your User ID".

Here is what the confirmation email looks like that gets sent to a new customer as soon as they purchase:

I noticed that there are different codes you can enter like "%user.email%", but there isn't a code like that to include the user's password. If anyone knows how to include the customer's password in the sign-up/confirmation email I would really appreciate it if you could let us know how to do this.

Thank you.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

The password can only be emailed on the initial signup, before payment has been completed:
    amember admin / setup / email
    Send Registration E-Mail
    once customer completes signup form (before payment)
    David
  3. mrross1

mrross1 aMember Pro Customer

This is due to the passwords being encrypted within the database
  4. mpbiz

mpbiz New Member

Please let me know if I am understanding this correctly David..

I have only used a free account setup, I haven't actually plugged in paypal yet so this probably why I'm confused but here it goes.

When you said "initial signup", did you mean this page? http://www.RANDOMXYZSite.com/amember/signup/index , and then I'm guessing once you fill out all of that info and click "Next" that it it takes you to the actual payment page where you finish the order?

So are you saying that on the first page aka "Initial Signup" page, when they click next, it shoots them an email with their password, and then a seperate email after they pay on the 2nd page that includes their user id and thanks them (like the one I posted above)?
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Yes- test and you will see.

David