How to integrate Buddypress + WP + aMember?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by shopitpress, Mar 13, 2012.

1. shopitpress

shopitpress New Member

Ok so here's the thing, I've seen many topics about BuddyPress + Amember but haven't found a real solution. My problem is... I would like to integrate Amember + Wordpress + Buddypress to use 1 single login after my customers pay and register..... the integration between aMember and WP has been made... no problem there... BUT the thing is I have no idea how to integrate BuddyPress which is in a different WP installation in a Folder, like this:

mysite.com -------------> Main WP Site
    mysite.com/members --------------> Amember
    mysite.com/support ------------------> BuddyPress (Another WP Installation)

Is it even possible to integrate them all together or definitely no? I mean, there must be a way since they're all in the same core domain, right?

Or shall Buddypress be installed in the same main WP site? Is it worth adding buddypress support to my current theme in the main WP site? Will I be able to integrate it with aMember? or definitely not?

Please advise, it is urgent....

Thanks
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I believe aMember can be integrated with 2 WP installations, but it is not good idea if there is number of customers planned.

We will give you more details of it tomorrow.
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

You can integrate aMember with two wordpress installs, but customization will be required(if you want to add users from aMember to both wordpress installs).
    I may be wrong but I don't think that you need to add aMember's users to main wordpress install. You still can protect content if you have amember's plugin installed in wordpress.
    So, here is recommended setup:
    1. Install amember plugin into Main Wordpress (If you need to protect content in main wordpress installation)
    2. Install amember plugin into BuddyPress install (if you need to provide separate level of access for users)
    3. Install wordpress plugin in aMember and configure it to work with your BuddyPress install (if you want to transfer users from aMember to wordpress)