How to Make All Existing Members Affiliates

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by ak48avk, Dec 28, 2011.

1. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

Firstly, I welcome suggestions for this.

Is the Affiliate setting only added on the member's first signup or can it be added by creating a new product with a commission rule and mass subscribing existing members to it?

Secondly, I would appreciate advice on the pros and cons of making all members affiliates. I have only recently come to realise the great potential of the affiliates system. I don't think I would have a problem making all my members (paying and non-paying) affiliates. The biggest risk I presume is attracting unsavoury sites but I don't think they would be that interested in my business. I can remove them if they are reported to me. Are there any other disadvantages?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I believe there are absolutely no problems by making all customers affiliates. It is anyway 1 click away for regular user to become affiliate.

Please note - if you change setting in setup, it will not affect existing customers, only new ones.
  3. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

Thanks. Yes I agree, I can only see a positive result from making all members affiliates.

I have already changed my settings so that all new members are affiliates but I am still not sure how to make my existing members affiliates. It has to be done on mass as I have 4,000+ members. But if they are able to join up themselves, I can at least invite them to, by email. But how to do it? Perhaps it is not possible. I can of course go through updating one member at a time. I may be missing something obvious.

I have only just noticed I can create an affiliates signup form but that again is for non-members.
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I would not worry about existing members.
    They have a link in members area : "Click to Become Affiliate" (check that it is exists for them).

Then send bulk email and welcome them to your affiliate program.
  5. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

Exactly the problem. The "Click to Become Affiliate" is not showing up. I have just updated to v4.1.10 and it is still not there.

Also, slightly unrelated, I raised the issue of products not appearing in sort order - apparently it had already been raised and fixed a month ago but my products are still appearing in product number order not sort order. I notice that in this update, this is listed as being able to change product order in the order form but I am not seeing this.

*** It has just occurred to me that both these problems may be related to Themes. As user themes are left the same after update, the answer may lie in the css - if I haven't worked it out in the meantime, perhaps give me a few pointers. ***

Thank you.

Errors #588: Product sort order on signup form

http://bt.amember.com/issues/475
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Angela,
    Please submit ticket for both issues. We will check this.