How to split test 2 different prices at the same time?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by mporter9, Dec 25, 2012.

1. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Hi,

How can I split test 2 different prices for the same product at the same time?

Right now I am sending traffic to a page called lander.php, and then lander.php rotates and redirects between page1.php and page2.php

On page1.php I want to have the price of $50, and on page2.php I want to have the price of $30.

These are both for the same exact product, but I need to price test because sometimes the lower price will increase conversions.

Anyways, what would be the best way for me to do this? I know I could make 2 seperate products and just give them similar names, but then both products would show up on the signup form wouldn't they?

I need the user to only see one of them at a time, so that they don't know the other price exists.

Could I make 2 separate sign up forms, one with the $50 product and one with the $30 product? I thought about this too but I know you can only activate one sign up form at a time so this idea wouldn't work would it?

Thanks for the help.
  2. jackgordon

jackgordon aMember Pro Customer

You can do all of this in the forms editor
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Create 2 products (or 1 product and 1 coupon code for the 2nd product) and 2 signup forms in the forms editor. You can then split between the 2 offers.

David
    mporter9 likes this.
  4. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Thanks for the help David.

I was thinking you could only have one signup form activated at any given time so I didn't even think to just do the above.
  5. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Bump.

Hi David,

I ran into some more trouble with my split tests. I was able to create different prices and also different signup pages/forms, but I am having trouble figuring out how to make different credit card payment pages aka cc info pages and thank you pages as well.

Please see this thread here: http://www.amember.com/forum/threads/how-to-create-different-payment-pages-aka-cc-info-pages.16045/

Thanks for the help.
  6. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Split testing the CC will be tricky, have to think about that- the thanks page could be done using the OTO system in amember.

David