How to temporarily block user during PayPal 'Not Authorised' investigation

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by ak48avk, Apr 23, 2012.

1. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

This is my third 'Not Authorised' payment issue and I know many of you have had similar experiences. I responded to Paypal the same way on the other occasions - one passed the other failed. My response to PayPal was that the users had logged in several times and that I had sent emails to users asking for confirmation of their signup but didn't hear on either occasion but in the meantime they had access to my valuable content - many sewing patterns and in-depth videos.

My question is, I would like to block them pending the enquiry. I have tried 'lock user' and 'is approved - no' . When I sign in as a user I can still access the protected information. So how do I temporarily protect my data? I can understand that 'lock' locks the IP, is approve just related to the email address? So how can I block them temporarily?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

The key phrase is "when I sign in as a user". Do you do that from admin CP ? OK, but user will be unable to login with his username and password! Please try it (with a test user for example).
  3. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

Yes, sorry Alex. I usually do test these things on my various test memberships. Don't know why I didn't think of doing it this time!

Yes the lock works fine.