I have 2 Membership products one free and one paid. Need Help!

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by trafficbrowser, Dec 26, 2011.

1. trafficbrowser

trafficbrowser Member

Here is what I have.

I have 2 products:

1. Free Access Unlimited
    2. Upgraded Membership Unlimited.

On signup everyone uses the Free Access. After you log in you are suppose to be able to buy the second upgraded product. But it has an error for some reason.

I think it's because the free product does not actually generate a payment date, I could be wrong.

To better show the problem I have included a video demo of what I am trying to do.

http://trafficbrowser.com/resources/video/amemberProblem2products/amemberProblem2products.html

I am using version aMember Pro™ 4.1.9

I could really use some help to figure this out.

Thanks in advance.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Looks like a bug- report to tech support.

David
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

It will be interesting to see:
    1. aMember CP -> Forms Editor . Edit "add/renew" form, and open settings for "Products" brick.
    2. aMember CP -> Browse Users. Open "demo5" user, click on "Payments'. What do you see in "invoice" and "access" sections.
  4. trafficbrowser

trafficbrowser Member

5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Please have a look from 00:45
    You configure Product brick to display only "Free product", but user have this product already, so nothing should be displayed for user.
    Change What to display setting to Disaplay all products. Or create separate signup form for renewal.
  6. trafficbrowser

trafficbrowser Member

if I did this it would totally defeat the purpose of what I am trying to do. This was actually the fix that was suggested to me in another post.

Here is what I am trying to do.. I want everyone to sign in as a free user with access to a free membership. Then after they get access, I want them to buy an upgraded membership if they wanted to. I don't want to show all options at first when they sign up it's just to confusing....

Is there a way to show 2 different templates for new signups and another one for people who are already logged in? A while back maybe 18-30 days ago, I swear it was working or at least I thought it was.

Edit: Just thought I would mention that both memberships are unlimited.. the upgraded plan only adds additional features.

How would I do this ? Does it matter that it's not a renewal since they never expire?

Thanks.
  7. trafficbrowser

trafficbrowser Member

[Deleted Double Post] .. Opps!
  8. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

You can press "Create New Form" button in the "Form Editor" and once it is created and saved, you can set it as "default for existing members"

P.S. Advice - in the signup form for new members, configure "paysystem" brick to be hidden.
  9. trafficbrowser

trafficbrowser Member

Ahh! It's working like I wanted it now.. Thanks on the tip about removing the pay system.
  10. markosb

markosb New Member

Im having the same problem and I created 2 sign up forms as well cant get it work. free lifetime member to paid subscription

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 1.jpg 4.jpg
  11. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Please see my reply in other thread.
    Chck paysystems brick configuration on your paid signup form.