Import Users - PayPal Recurring Payments

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by smm135, Mar 3, 2012.

1. smm135

smm135 New Member

How Do I import users that have recurring payment subscription already setup in PayPal?

I see the User->Import function, but what information must I add to the csv file so that recurring payment IPN are processed correctly by aMember for the user?

Do I use the PayPal "Profile ID" for the recurring payment: e.g. "I-CTBWYX4C97LV" ?

If so, what field do I map it too during the import?

Also, how do I see this information in aMember? On the payments screen I can see the transaction Id in the "receipt" field. Where's the "Profile Id" from PayPal?

How does aMember link the PayPal subscription to the correct user? (e.g. if the user's email address at signup is different from PayPal email address).

Thanks,
    Scott
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Scott,
    it is little tricky, so feel free to submit a ticket - we will help. I will describe it here so technically minded person can do it yourself.

1. It is necessary to set "additional" field value "external_id" for invoice. like
    insert into am_data set `table`='invoice', `id`=123123, `key`='external_id', `value`='I-CTBWYX4C97LV';

2. There is a small fix required to aMember PHP class Am_Paysystem_Transaction_Incoming (it will be included into v.4.2.0) to handle it.
  3. smm135

smm135 New Member

Thanks Alex, I'm technically minded (programmer), and have submitted a ticket. :) I need to complete this as soon as possible so please include the necessary details on the ticket so I can implement it. See Ticket #FBL-12973-845

Thanks,
    Scott
  4. bfritton

bfritton Certified aMember Developer

@Alex and @Scott,
    I'm about to attempt this for a client as well - do either of you have a more specific set of instructions that I can incorporate into an import script that you'd be willing to share? Additionally, has that fix been launched, Alex?

Thanks in advance.