Import v3 error

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by vsoftwaretools, Apr 18, 2012.

1. vsoftwaretools

vsoftwaretools aMember Pro Customer

When we perform the admin-import3 routine it imports all the products. Then we move to the next step of importing users and after making the selections we want and click continue we get an HTTP error 500 and looking at the database we got 1 user imported over. We can then start over again and same thing happens and we get 1 more user. To go through 309 users at that pace will be unproductive. Has any else encountered this and how did you resolve the issue?

Thank you,

Don
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Don,
    Do you see any errors in aMember error log? Or in server error log?
  3. vsoftwaretools

Alexander,
    No there is not but I have a suspect. I noticed in v3 we had an added field for members that we did not have in the new v4. So maybe it was causing an error trying to match the field. We did notice that every refresh added 1 new record in the users. So we clicked refresh 309 times to get the user to import over. On the 310 refresh the v4 import web screen returned to normal allowing for the next proper action. What I might do is drop all the users and add the missing field and try again.
  4. vsoftwaretools

Alex,

I added the fields that existed in v3 to v4 and started fresh on v4. I have the same results of an error 500 when attempting to import.

Don
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Don,
    Please submit ticket to helpdeks and provide this info:
    ftp info, aMember CP login/password, and old aMember database MySQL connection info.
    I will try to import myself and troubleshoot what can be wrong.