Impossible to add manualy payment

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by eric_car2, Oct 22, 2012.

1. eric_car2

eric_car2 aMember Pro Customer

Hi,

I can't add a manualy payment.
    There is no field but a menu for the amount ?! (see screenshot)
    payment.png

Any idea about this issue ?

Regards,
    Eric
  2. eric_car2

Alex, do you have an idea ?

Eric
  3. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

What you are seeing is correct! Why would anybody pay for a product described as free?

You have defined the product as free so why would anything else be here. If you want to handle the payments manually then define the product with its cost and enable the 'Offline' payment plugin.

Now when they register the Invoice will display as pending but for the cost involved and the manual receipt will show the correct amount.
  4. eric_car2

Thank you for your reply :)

I think I don't understood this function.

What I want obtain :
    I have a customer who purchased through Paypal.
    Due to a bad configuration on Paypal preferences, the transaction don't appear in aMember.
    I want add his purchase in his account.

Do you have an idea to manually add transaction ?

Eric
  5. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

You are trying to add a manual payment for a free product.

That is your problem.

Change the product settings/price from $0 to an actual price and then you will be able to add a manual transaction to it.
  6. rmara

rmara Eager Beaver and Avid Learner

One possible caveat for this topic. Maybe there is a need to create a link on a users page via a payment for that product (even if it is $0 ). May not be enough to know if they have a subscription, but to what is helpful when access is restricted even if it is free.

Even if something is free there should still be an accounting of the financial transaction.

Just some food for thought.
  7. bfritton

bfritton Certified aMember Developer

Hi All,
    If the subscription ordered is totally free for both first and second pricing terms, then you won't be able to add a payment as a transaction for that product, as you can't have a $0 payment.

However, if you have a product that has a free trial period then bills a second term price (http://screencast.com/t/hmZS3YOsDF), then you should be able to add the payment once the rebill period firing off the second price level comes about. For example, with the linked example, I'd be able to add a payment for $150 the month after this product was ordered, since it will switch to billing the second price.

I agree, it would be useful to add a pre-billing payment and have aAember see that as basically account credit before attempting to bill the customer through credit card or otherwise. This could be built as a custom module, I'm sure.

Hope this helps.