Is PayFlow Pro supported yet in v4?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by mikelinen, Feb 10, 2012.

1. mikelinen

mikelinen New Member

I am a version 3 user waiting to upgrade to 4. Is PayPal's PayFlow Pro a supported payment system in v4 yet? I am using it in Amember ver 3. (BTW: I understand PayFlow Pro is different than Paypal Pro... just confirming).

If PayFlow Pro is not yet supported in v4, what is the expected timing?

Thanks
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Mike,
    we have not yet received any requests for PayFlow. I am just not aware of details, just let me know your opinion - is it any better than PayPal Pro or is it too complicated to switch from PayFlow Pro to PayPal Pro?
  3. mikelinen

mikelinen New Member

Thanks Alex. Turns out PayPal Pro is already activated on my PayPal business account, so I'll just switch to PayPal Pro since you already have that in place. No point you creating/debugging a whole new PayFlow plugin just for one user. BTW, the advantage of PayFlow is supposedly it has better reporting than PayPal Pro for high volume customers, but not a factor for me. Thanks again.
  4. alex

Mike,
    you are welcome! If you are going to use PayPal Pro with trial periods, let me know and I will send you a fresh fix.
  5. mikelinen

mikelinen New Member

Okay; I have not installed v4 yet, and since I bought v3 last summer I noticed I have automatically had a v4 license added to my license list (thanks!). Do I just put a help request in to have it installed?
    Best,
    Michael
  6. alex

Unfortunately, only one installation request is free.Each the following install request is $40 (for plain installation).
  7. mikelinen

mikelinen New Member

Okay, no problem, I am just impressed I got the free upgrade and am happy to pay for the new install. How do I submit the payment?
    Thanks, Michael
  8. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Contact us in helpdesk and request installation. You'll receive payment link.
  9. mikelinen

mikelinen New Member

Hi Alex,
    Got v4 installed, set it up for my products (works great btw), and I went to activate PayPal Pro today per your recommendation above, and I now see PayPal Pro is considered in beta. Hmm, I was hoping to go live in a few days. I don't want to force buyers through PayPal std. as it is a bit unprofessional to do that in my product realm, looks weird not to offer a regular credit card experience. Thoughts? BTW, I do not need recurring payments, in case that changes the degree of concern about using PayPal Pro right now.
    Thanks for your thoughts.
  10. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Plugin don't have known bugs and already used on live installations, so you may use it without a problem.
    l
  11. mikelinen

mikelinen New Member

Great, thanks!