Manual Reminders

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by robo, Dec 10, 2011.

1. robo

robo New Member

Hi,

After importing 500 or so member records I want to be able to send out reminder notices manually to some of the members that have already expired.

So I thought one way I could do this is to create a product called Pending Membership which is free for 20 days, I then added an auto responder to this product to send out an email immediately after purchase. I then add this product manually to those members I want to get the reminder email, but unfortunately it's not working. Is this because I'm manually adding the product and the auto responder doesn't count this as a purchase?

If so, is there any other way I can manually send out a predefined email reminder to selected members?

Cheers,
    Rob.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Are you receiving other emails from the amember system?
    David
  3. robo

robo New Member

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we get other emails.

Cheers,
    Rob.
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

What exact version you have? There was an issue when autoresponders were not sent for manually added access but it should be fixed already.
  5. robo

robo New Member

Hey Alex,

I have version 4.1.7.

Cheers,
    Rob.
  6. alexander

Rob,
    Can you submit a support ticket and provide access info? We will check what can be wrong. Please include link to this thread in ticekt message.
  7. robo

robo New Member

Hi Alex,

Further testing shows that the email does work the first time, but if I delete the product and then re-add it I don't get an email. Is there some email checking to ensure a user doesn't receive the same email twice in one day or something?

Also noticed that if the user sets their own password, the %user.pass% added to the email is invalid. It sent me an email with something like $P$BMb.5AyIq7yEyvOq22gXwvcBxyXmPf/ as the password, which is invalid. It looks like possibly the encoded value of my actual password.

Cheers,
    Rob.
  8. alexander

Rob,
    yes it will not send the same email twice for the same user.
    In regards to password, you can't use that variable in template because aMember do not store plain text passwords anymore.