New Autoresponder Message Issue v.4

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by organizenow, Apr 20, 2012.

1. organizenow

organizenow New Member

Alex, help! :)

I have put in a series of autoresponder messages for one of my products to be sent on sequence, but when I manually add someone to that product, the messages are not sending? Any help?

i.e.: I added myself and I am not getting the message sequence - at this point I should have gotten the message send immediately on signup and the day 1 and 2 messages. I've gotten nothing.

Laura
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Do you have external cron job configured and working? Also, have you tested email sending method? Do you receive any other emails from aMember.
  3. organizenow

organizenow New Member

Cron job is there. Not sure if it is working? Any way to manually run the cron job? I have tested email sending. It's fine. I am getting the initial log in info email from the system, and all test emails, just not my autoresponder sequence. Had no problems with this in v.3

Submitted a ticket.
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

5. organizenow

organizenow New Member

6. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

it must return the blank screen!
  7. organizenow

organizenow New Member

Ok now I have gotten one email (the day 27 one because I had put the start date at apr 1) but still no email for the one that was supposed to be sent immediately on signup. Do I need to change that one to a 1 instead?
  8. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

It will be sent at the time when account is created. Try to create new account and add access to it.
  9. organizenow

organizenow New Member

OK, now that part is working, but I am now getting a bunch of bounce-back emails:
    Domain journeytoasimplelife.com has exceeded the max emails per hour (110/100 (110%)) allowed. Message will be reattempted later

I spoke with my hosting company, and this is a rule for spam (100 emails/hour), and cannot be changed. Will the 100+ returned emails really be sent later? Is there a way to check whether a specific user has gotten them or not?

Laura
  10. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Theres a chance the host has deleted the over 100 emails....
    V4 has an email queue setting and theres a 3rd party mail q for 3.x.
    But 100 emails / hour is really stingy- consider changing hosts...

David