Newsletter plugin and transfer of current members

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by simplek, Apr 26, 2013.

1. simplek

simplek New Member

Hello! I am currently using gmail to send out my weekly newsletters and most of my members aren't getting them since gmail has a send limit.

I want to transfer all of my members to a new newsletter in a way where they don't have to do anything. Basically I'd like it so that they don't even know of the change at all. I am leaning toward Aweber (since they have an additional parser plugin) and Mailchimp (since they have the "disable double opt-in" feature).

So below are my questions (sorry for being such a noob). If you don't know the answer to everything, please just tell me what you can. Anything helps!

1. Which would be the best plugin for my situation?
    2. How does the Aweber parser plugin work? Will Aweber require double opt-in for CURRENT members with this? How about new members in the future?
    3. How does the "disable double opt-in" with Mailchimp work? Does this mean current users will not have to do anything if I'm transferring the emails over myself? How about new members in the future?

Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

With aweber you will need to have the members opt-in to get the emails.

I havent tested, but the amazon SES email system may do the trick.

What about your host? Do they put a limit on the emails you can send?

David
  3. simplek

simplek New Member

My host does not put a limit on the emails I send but I'm scared that on the receiving end, ISPs might mark it as spam since I'm planning to send out 8,000-13,000 at a time.
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Switch on the built in email queue in amember. send out say 300-500 an hour and you should be ok.

David
  5. gcornelisse

gcornelisse New Member

Amazon SES works pretty well. Be warned that it can take several days to a week or more before your account reaches the sending limit you may need. Its not an immediate thing after you're approved. For some reason the sending limit increases progressively as you use it.
  6. chris_wh2

chris_wh2 New Member

Is the Aweber plugin still available? I don't see it listed anywhere on the order page.
  7. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes it is available and it is included in amember PRO v4 by default.