Option of having "Hours" instead of Days/Months/Year ?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by luxman, Mar 12, 2012.

1. luxman

luxman Member

I would like to offer a 1-hour consultation services and another "product" that last for a few hours, not days.

Is there a way for me to edit the fields or add "Hours" into the drop down menu within the "first period" section?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Unfortunately it is impossible and is not planned.
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

May be there is a way to count usage of your service somehow? I just not sure how it works, may be we could find a solution.
  4. luxman

luxman Member

I can leave it as a 1 day type option but that's not as "professional." Guess it will do for now!
  5. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

@Luxman: Can you elaborate on your business model a bit, perhaps we can suggest a more elegant solution for you.
  6. luxman

luxman Member

My company offers 30-minute to 1-hour consultations for different fees. So I was just wondering if there was a way to adjust the time frames. Perhaps I can just select the day option but mention the amount of time within the description.

Would be a good feature to add though!
  7. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

The time indicator within aMember is to programatically add / remove access to some digital asset.

If your consultation happens offline (ie. phone call) or via 3rd party app that does not fit the scenario of adding/removing access (ie. skype) than adding in a time indicator would not help.

Perhaps integrating into a calendar system of some kind would be more appropriate? During the purchase process the customer can select a 30 - 60 minute time block on a calendar, as well as any other specifics (such as category / individual to consult with, etc). This would go one step further in automating the scheduling process.

If your process does not work this way, you could also credit "x" minutes during purchase process which can be spent on booking consultation time at sometime post purchase.
  8. luxman

luxman Member

Thank you for the fast response! This is something that I would have to consider, as well as the additional modifications to the site.

Thank you for shedding light on such a thread