PayPal return after transaction https

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by lipwebmaster, Dec 30, 2011.

1. lipwebmaster

lipwebmaster aMember Pro Customer

Hi, my site is hosted on a shared server and so we also share an SSL certificate. Because of this, when a member is redirected back to the website after completing the PayPal transaction, they receive a certificate warning, that it is not registered for the website.

I would like to avoid members receiving the warning. Is it possible to have the member redirected after completing the PP transaction via http: or must the return be secured? If it is possible, where should the code be modified?

Thanks for your help!
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Just set aMember Cp -> Setup -> Change Root URL and License : "Secure Root URL" to an http:
  3. lipwebmaster

That sounds rather simple doesn't it! Thanks Alex :)
  4. lipwebmaster

All worked fine in a test but it seems the IPN was not received by amember and the user status is pending after payment. Any thoughts if this could be related?
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

If first IPN did not came through, user will definitely not marked as paid.

If you did a test after change I suggested, look at aMember Cp -> Logs -> Invoice Log. There must be something. If not, look also to aMember CP -> Logs -> Error Log.
  6. lipwebmaster

ok, it appears there is an exception with the timezone setting as I have a line in my .htaccess file in amember folder to adjust the server time: SetEnv TZ :UTC

from the logs:

the Invoice error: Exception
    <message>DateTime::__construct() [&lt;a href='datetime.--construct'&gt;datetime.--construct&lt;/a&gt;]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead</message>
    <trace>
    <call>
    <function>DateTime-&gt;__construct</function>

Error: "Looks like an invalid IPN post - no Invoice# passed"

Exception Am_Exception_Paysystem_TransactionEmpty
    Am_Paysystem_Transaction_Incoming->autoCreate [ library/Am/Paysystem/Transaction/Incoming.php : 278 ]
    Am_Paysystem_Transaction_Incoming->validate [ library/Am/Paysystem/Transaction/Abstract.php : 45 ]
    Am_Paysystem_Transaction_Abstract->process [ library/Am/Paysystem/Transaction/Incoming.php : 222 ]
    Am_Paysystem_Transaction_Incoming->process [ library/Am/Paysystem/Abstract.php : 442 ]
    Am_Paysystem_Abstract->directAction [ application/default/controllers/DirectController.php : 35 ]
    DirectController->__call [ library/Am/Controller.php : 118 ]
    Am_Controller->dispatch [ library/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php : 295 ]
    Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch [ library/Zend/Controller/Front.php : 954 ]
    Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch [ library/Am/App.php : 1372 ]
    Am_App->run [ index.php : 41 ]
  7. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member