Plan Switcher... is it possible?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by mikhailjb, Dec 27, 2012.

1. mikhailjb

mikhailjb New Member

Hi,
    I want to setup my plans so that users can switch or upgrade downgrade as they want.

Is this possible?

Ideally the criteria is that they can only have one plan of a given type but switch withing that group.
    Their is also a optional setup cost so that their is a fixed once off cost if they choose that?

I checked the forum and could not find anything related to this so apologies if this has been dealt with elsewhere.

Regards,

Mikhail
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

This will depend on your payment system. If you are using an internal system where you bill there credit card, then you could have them billed the difference etc.. but if using an offsite one like paypal regular- its more tricky. This is because the rebilling happens over at paypal, so the original contract needs to be canceled.

David
  3. mikhailjb

mikhailjb New Member

At this point I am looking just at aMember's capabilities for switching plans between products.
    If I have to alter the billing option or manually give credits then thats a seperate although related issue and I take what your saying for consideration on how best to setup my plans and services.

Thanks,

Mikhail
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Mikhail,
    Latest version of aMember have product upgrades support.
    You would be able to define upgrade paths (from -> to). And aMmeber will place upgrade link to user's invoice.
  5. mikhailjb

mikhailjb New Member

Hi Alex,
    I upgraded to the latest version now but cant see any change how do I know if I am implementing this correctly so that when clients upgrade from plan 1 to plan 2, 3 etc payments and access are done correctly?
    Thanks