Please Help! Recurring Subscriptions Issue for Imported Users

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by tarynike, Oct 28, 2013.

1. tarynike

tarynike Member

Hello,
    Almost all of our membership database was imported and is set up with a First and Second Price, with Rebill Second Price Until Cancelled.

Since the import, there were two users manually added. When I view Payments/Invoices, the status on these two is Recurring Active, as it should be. However, on all the imports, the status is Paid. Does this mean all of these will not renew, even though the product is set up to bill Second Price Until Cancelled? I'm not sure which setting drives the recurring billing.

I'm wanting to make sure I have things set up correctly as about 100 folks should renew in December/January. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

What payment system do you use? Did you import from CSV list?
    If invoice have "Paid" status, aMember will not be able to add another payment to this invoice.
  3. tarynike

tarynike Member

I imported the list from a CSV list, so I'm sure that's why their invoices are not showing as Recurring Active. My client is using PayPal, but they're not processing automatic rebills through PayPal - they just have a Business account. We were planning to send out auto expire messages with a link to the Renew Subscription page for members to login and renew their memberships that way.

I'm concerned, as all of the initial users imported (almost 100) are supposed to renew at the end of December. How can I correct all of their memberships to be Recurring Auto?

I'm wondering if I do the following, if this will fix things?
    1. When we send out the auto expire message, send them to the link to Add a New Subscription, which will be for the recurring product/membership. When they add that, it will sign them up for the Recurring Auto invoicing.
    2. A problem I foresee with doing this is all my "products"/memberships are set up with an initial fee, then a lower fee for every year after that. I'd have to change all the pricing structures for this round of renewals (they all renew at the same time), then I can switch them back so they're correct for subsequent membership additions, right?
    Thanks for your help!
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Well I don';t see any issues then. If all your imported users are not signed for recurring subscription in paypal, then you don;t need to modify invoices and make them "Recurring Active".
    When you send expiration email to all these users, they will be able to renew without a problem and aMember will create new invoice with correct status. If you want to skip first price for these users, just create new product which won't have setup fee, create separate signup form for this product, so it will not be available in default signup form, then in your expiration email provide a link to that hidden signup form.
  5. tarynike

tarynike Member

Great - thanks!