Products visible in user profile - bug or customization required ?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by hnorris, Jul 22, 2012.

1. hnorris

hnorris New Member

Hello,

We sell online Linux Training in French using AMember v4.2.7.

We have three signup forms as follows :

1. Trainees with product group A - default sign-up form
    2. Affiliates with no products (obviously) - default affiliate sign-up form
    3. Resellers with product group B ( Reseller packs using the subusers plugin) - personalized sign-up form with URL /amember/signup/index/c/KyjIxyMvv

When a user logs in and arrives in their profile, the Renew/Buy new subscriptions tab always shows the products from group A.

We need Resellers to only see products from group B.

Is this a bug ? Or is this behaviour intended and our request requires custom coding ?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I think the next or an upcoming release of amember 4.x will allow you control over the design of the members dashboard. I asked about removing the newsletter header and thats what I was told.

David
  3. hnorris

hnorris New Member

Thanks for that David.

However, this is a show stopper for us at the moment. Without it, we have a signup form with over 20 subscriptions on it, half of which do not interest the target client ( ie 10 for Trainees and 10 for Resellers ).

On top of that, I cannot seem to find a way to duplicate the v3 behaviour of having subscriptions just show up on the signup page or just show up in the members dashboard ! Either I am missing something or that must be a real bug.

I need to push up the priority of this fix.

Any ideas how that can be done ?

Regards

Hugh
  4. rjay1976

rjay1976 aMember Pro Customer

Hi All,

I ran into a similar problem. It appears that the Renew/Buy button is accessing the default login form.

I got around the problem by creating a an empty product group and assigning it to the default login form.

This results in an empty listing under Renew/Buy button. I then created links to the forms I wanted my customers to see.

In new product group, I created an empty product with the name:

"Please Order Free Trials or Purchase Products From Those Tabs On Selection Menu Thank You"

Even though its a product title, it redirects the customers to specific product lists.

RJay
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

For this, you create a custom signup form under the forms settings- you set which products you want to display.

David
  6. hnorris

hnorris New Member

Hi

Thanks for this input. It gave me a couple of ideas. This is what I ended up doing.

1. I removed the Renew/But button in the profile.
    2. I created just one product for the default sign up form for Trainees ( it is a trial product - free for life) in product group AFREE,
    3. I created another sign up form for Resellers with just one product ( again, it is a trial product - free for life) in product group BFREE,
    4. I created two more signup forms, one for Trainees with all products from product group A and one for Resellers with all products from product group B,
    5. I created a protected link in aMember for Trainees with product list A. The link shows up in the profile for users having an active subscription to a product in product group AFREE,
    6. I created another potected link in aMember for Resellers with product list B, The link shows up in the profile for users having and active subscription to a product in product group BFREE.

Now Trainee signs up to the free subscription from the default signup form. In his profile he sees the link to all products from group A

Resellers sign up to the free subscription from /amember/signup/index/c/KyjIxyMvv. In his profile he sees a link to all products from group B.

Complicated but it works !

Thanks for your input