Protect Content -> Video Question

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by emilybon, Jan 18, 2012.

1. emilybon

emilybon New Member

The video upload size says 10mb. If I have a larger file (rather than use Amazon) can we use the ftp the file to the hosting server somewhere and then use the "browse" button to protect the file?

Otherwise, is there another way to change the upload size limitation?

Another two questions:

Can these videos be shown on an iPad, iPod, etc.?

Can I put two or more different videos using the provided embed code on the same wordpress page/post?
  2. emilybon

emilybon New Member

Another two questions:

Can these videos be shown on an iPad, iPod, etc.?

Can I put two or more different videos using the provided embed code on the same wordpress page/post?
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

There is no such functionality yet. We have this in our todo list and implement in near future.

aMember get this limit from php configuration.So you can change this only if have access to configuration settings.

Yes this should work.
    Sure, no problem here.
  4. emilybon

emilybon New Member

How can I gain access to configuration settings? Where, how, what, etc to change the amember configuration to download a bigger size video?
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Increase these two settings in your php.ini:
    post_max_size
    upload_max_filesize
  6. emilybon

emilybon New Member

I made the changes but it didn't work. Amember still says 10mb and then there was an error that said no file was uploaded.

Was there anything else that needed to be changed?
  7. anybody99

anybody99 New Member

@emilybon, don't bother, there is a JS error with the script that doesn't allow you to upload files larger then 5mb or so, see http://bt.amember.com/issues/646
  8. emilybon

emilybon New Member

Well, that blows!!!

I tried to get into bt.amember.com and can't. My username and password isn't working.

I uploaded two files about 8mb size and they worked.

I looked at the upload.js file. I see the number 10 under some code mentioning upload. Is this something I can change myself without waiting for Alexander.

I really will like to get this working. It is a great feature to have my videos protected and I was able to do it before in the 3.0 version but I can't seem to figure it out for the 4.0 version using wordpress without using the video protect content feature.

Like I said, I could get it to work with files under 10mb, but it is difficult to get a video over 5 minutes long with that size and still have decent quality.
  9. emilybon

emilybon New Member

10. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Emily, we got this functionality implemented - files can be upload by FTP and to Amazon S3. It will be available with next major upgrade - 4.2.0 by end of February.