Protecting content

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by chucknorris, Jul 2, 2013.

1. chucknorris

chucknorris Member

I would like to protect content a certain way.

Example:

We have 10 products. Each product is $19.99 (total value of $200).

We offer a discount to users to pay $99.99 for all 10 products (save $100)

Each month, 2 new products are released (total value of $40).

We want to offer customers a $19.99/month recurring subscription to be able to download products that are released AFTER they join.

In other words, the problem we are having right now is restricting access to all $200+ worth of products to the people who join to get our updates (only the updates) for $19.99/month. If they want older products released before they join, they will have to pay individually or opt for the $99.99 discount.

Does this make sense?

Again, to simplify, we want a customer to be able to sign up to a $19.99/month subscription, and only be able to access content that is released AFTER their subscription starts. So, if we have 20 products, then they join for $19.99/month -- they will not have access to those 20 products. But if we release a new product 1 week later, he/she will have access to this product since they have an "updates only" subscription.

Please tell me this is possible!

Thank you!
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

3. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Note that this is a WordPress plugin. Also it is currently in beta and should not be used on a production site. I suspect it will be finalized and released in an upcoming update.