Question about aMember's shopping cart capabilities

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by playpianoking, Oct 19, 2012.

1. playpianoking

playpianoking Member

I'd like to implement paypal payments pro directly on my website as opposed to having it through a 3rd party shopping cart like 1shoppingcart. However, a website must maintain certain measures in order do this:
    These measures include implementing quarterly scans and audits, passing security assessments, building and maintaining a secure network, and other controls. You'll need to take these measures if you're considering PayPal Payments Pro.

My question is - is having SSL enough in the payment directory? Because amember's competitor, Digital Access Pass, has a built in shopping cart which says that only SSL is needed with theirs in order to have paypal pro. Is this true?

Paypal and Authorize.net are the best, but I want to stick with paypal - and since I will have recurring payments, paypal pro is a must, as paypal standard requires non paypal users to sign up first in order to have recurring payments from their credit card. This results in lost customers as most folks don't want to have to sign up.