Rebuild Db Question

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by eftnewlife, Oct 10, 2012.

1. eftnewlife

eftnewlife aMember Pro Customer

Hallo (sorry i came back as i saw this is not the more appropriate thread for this question)

first of all great compliments for Amember, till now this seems to me an intuitive, quick and excellent membrship solution. After trying some also quite famous wordpress plugins and getting mad to configure them, i found Amember much more easy and quick to use.
    (and unfortunatly for the others plugin i tried they just gave me a partial refund)

I have a question about the "Rebuild Db" function. So, if i understood well, after i make any change in the "Protect Content" Amember area, i should run "Rebuild Core Database", right? But what about "Rebuild Invoice Database"? Should i run it if i change the price of the membership? or When?

A second question is this: if i have protected a folder with an index page inside of it, if i change that page from cpanel, do i have to run also in this case the "Rebuild Db" function?

Thank you
    Fabrizio
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Hi Fabrizio,
    thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated.

You only need to "Rebuild Core Db" if you change protection on folders protected with "htpasswd" (it is rarely used feature). You usually do not need to use any rebuild actions - when necessary, rebuild will be done automatically every night.
  3. eftnewlife

Hi Alex

i'm glad you appreciate feedback, you're welcome, you and the builders of Amember deserve it all with the other good feedbacks.

Thank you for your answer
    Fabrizio
  4. eftnewlife

just a confirmation

If i make a change to a file that is in a folder that is already protected, i don't need to do anything and the customers will have access to the new file with the modifications?

Thanks
    Fabrizio
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

No, you normally do not need to rebuild anything at all.

It is only necessary when you change protection for htpasswd-protected folders (which you normally do not have, you have new-rewrite protection instead).
  6. eftnewlife

Thank you Alex and sorry for asking twice but i needed to understand this aspect