Rebuild Db

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by andrew_baxter, Sep 14, 2012.

1. andrew_baxter

andrew_baxter New Member

I know that this question has probably already been asked and answered many times before but I got myself all mixed up with all the various answers and in the end, had to completely re-install aMember.

I am using aMember 4.2.9

I am trying to add a couple of protected Folders.

It recommends doing a Rebuild Db but every time I try to do a Rebuild Core Database, I get the following error message:-

The database has encountered a problem, please try again later.

When I go into the logs, I see the following:-

Code:
    MYSQL ERROR<br /> Array<br /> (<br /> [code] => 1044<br /> [message] => Access denied for user 'web167-amembers'@'%' to database 'web167-amembers'<br /> [query] => CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE am_user_status_temp (<br /> user_id int not null,<br /> product_id int not null,<br /> status tinyint not null,<br /> INDEX(user_id,product_id))<br /> <br /> [context] => /home/sites/mysite.co.uk/public_html/members/application/default/models/User.php line 567<br /> )<br />
    There's also another one showing for members/cron which seems related:-

Code:
    MYSQL ERROR<br /> Array<br /> (<br /> [code] => 1044<br /> [message] => Access denied for user 'web167-amembers'@'%' to database 'web167-amembers'<br /> [query] => CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE am_user_status_temp (<br /> user_id int not null,<br /> product_id int not null,<br /> status tinyint not null,<br /> INDEX(user_id,product_id))<br /> <br /> [context] => /home/sites/mysite.co.uk/public_html/members/application/default/models/User.php line 567<br /> )<br />

Can anyone please tell me how to sort this out?
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Where are the folders you are trying to protect located?
  3. andrew_baxter

andrew_baxter New Member

Well, I have renamed aMember to members so they are in public_html/members/
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

aMember folder whatever it is renamed to, and I have renamed mine, should contain aMember files only.

You should create your own folders, outside the aMember one, and put your files in there. You can create more than one if needs be. Now go to aMember admin, configure protection and protect those folders. You will probably find problem is solved.
  5. andrew_baxter

andrew_baxter New Member

Ok. Thanks for that reply. Guess that's where I have been going wrong. I just assumed that anything that needed to be protected had to go into the members folder.

I will try what you've said and update this thread accordingly.

Many thanks again for your time and assistance.
  6. andrew_baxter

andrew_baxter New Member

Hmm... Still not working. I have created two folders. One seems to be working fine but when trying to access the other, I get a 403 forbidden error.
  7. andrew_baxter

andrew_baxter New Member

This is turning out to be a great big pile of crap. Now it is even saying that the user I have created to test these areas doesn't have permission to access them even though they have the appropriate subscription.

I thought this would be easy but it is proving to be quite infuriating and is taking more time than it took to program that actual site!

Not very impressed so far.
  8. andrew_baxter

andrew_baxter New Member

Grr. My fault. When uploading files, I somehow omitted the index.php file and this was causing the 403 error. Everything *seems* to be working fine now.
  9. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Missed the index file from where. aMember or your own folders?