Remove Amember/WordPress Issues

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by dreamorigin, Oct 19, 2013.

1. dreamorigin

dreamorigin New Member

Hey all,

I thought aMember was going to suit my needs on my new membership site, which uses WordPress and so I installed it and then realized it was not going to fit my needs. So I removed aMember from my directory, however now all the redirects etc that had been set for after login/logout are still affecting my site. I just need to know how I completely remove aMember and it's settings from my server so that it no longer affects my site?

If you want to see what it does, go to http://bode12team.com and try to sign up, and then access things. You can clearly see it says amember_access_denied in the URL string.

Thanks in advance!
    David Foster
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

David, sorry - quick question at first - why aMember does not fit your needs for the new membership site ?
  3. dreamorigin

dreamorigin New Member

Because I could not get it configured right with my WordPress installation. It was causing all sorts of issues for our members. I use it just fine on my main site http://hubze.com, it just does not work for our team site. Thanks Alex!
  4. alex

Sorry to hear this, I believe if you submit a ticket, we could solve it for you.
    I believe past problems and CURRENT problems are caused by some Wordpress caching plugin you are using.

Normally once you disable "aMember" plugin in Wordpress settings, there is nothing else to do. However, you may be seeing cached pages.
  5. dreamorigin

dreamorigin New Member

I did submit a support ticket Alex. Also, I JUST installed a caching plugin about 10 minutes ago. When I had and removed aMember, I did not have one running. I am going to try clearing cache now and see if that helps. Thanks so much! I included my FTP info etc in the support ticket.
  6. alex

Sorry cannot find your ticket regarding this site problem. Please let me know ticket#

Regarding this issue - again, if nothing helps - write a ticket:
    - URL of WP page with problems
    - description what exactly is wrong
    - FTP info
    - WP admin login info
    and let me know ticket#
  7. dreamorigin

dreamorigin New Member

Ticke HVB-74518-394
  8. alex

Sorry, but there is some info missing

- URL of WP page with problems
    - description what exactly is wrong
    - WP admin login info
  9. dreamorigin

dreamorigin New Member

OK updated ticket with more info
  10. sempdx

sempdx New Member

any update?
  11. dreamorigin

dreamorigin New Member

Ya, somehow the aMember active role is still in my WordPress install, and I am not sure how. It does not seem to be affecting anything now however, so as far as I can tell all is good. Thanks for the follow up!