?'s about Pending Invoices

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by tamitaylor, May 9, 2012.

1. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

1) Is there a way to get rid of them? Do I need to worry about them bogging the system or anything?

2) I have one pending invoice that is stuck as pending but the paypal payment went through. I can't figure why it's stuck pending the email addresses are the same, shipping address isn't needed the user is verified with PayPal and was previously registered through amember and paid for other things. Is there a way to force the invoice into completed status?

thanks in advance.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

1) no, but it does give you the opportunity to send follow up emails to them.

2) contact tech support to figure out why it didnt go through- possibly the IPN didnt hit amember. Maybe an error on the server, or paypal. Did you check the paypal IPN log?

David
  3. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

I did not. Is there a how-to anywhere that will help? I'm not familiar with any of this. I did check one log in the admin area of amember and when I look for that invoice number it's not listed.
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Check in paypal admin, history, IPN log. see if the ipn didnt go through.

David
  5. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

I'm really sorry it took so long for me to get back to you but where do i find that are you referring to something in amember or paypal? (again i'm sorry i should know this but amember always runs so smoothly I never really need to know any of this)

I did just have another person asking about their access - only to find their payment didn't go through either so there has to be something amiss.

also, on the growling list of pending invoices I have - is there a way to run a report that includes the status so I can go in and manually put them through a lot of free product is showing as pending invoices and I think I would like to clean them out so I can keep a better eye on these things.
  6. jenrun

jenrun New Member

Hey Tami, did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem, but I'm not using PayPal. My merchant account and gateway both say the payment went through on their end immediately, but I'm getting a "pending" invoice in my aMember control panel.

Did you ever solve this one?

Thanks!

Jen
  7. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

I didn't figure it out but no one else has seemed to have a problem. I am running an upgraded version from when this happened back in May - so I dont know if there was a fix on one of the upgrades?
  8. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Jen, there cannot be universal answer for anyone. If aMember got no payment confirmation from payment system, invoice will be "pending". You may find more details at aMember Cp -> Logs -> Invoice
    Submit a ticket if you need help.
  9. jenrun

jenrun New Member

Thanks Alex! I submitted a support ticket with updated information on the problem.
    Have a good weekend!!