Sales Tax does not import from v3 to v4

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by booforum, Nov 2, 2012.

1. booforum

booforum Member

I recently contacted your support regarding that fact that upon upgrading from v3 to v4 of aMember, all of the sales tax is merged as a total sale (and loses the separation).
    Here is the response I received:
    "> unfortunately import3 does not move tax field from version 3 to version 4.
    > Could you provide access to phpmyadmin or better cpanel?
    > I will try to fix it first on test installation and then secondly on live setup?"

This seems a little crazy to me.
    This is essentially a bug, and I find it difficult to believe that several people are not having a problem with this. It's a major problem come tax time. Wouldn't the more efficient method to be to provide a fix or automated method, so you are getting user's CPANEL information and fixing it on a case by case basis.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, it is definitely a bug and we are looking for a better way to get it fixed, that is why we asked for access info to check it in the first place. If that is a problem, we will fix it anyway but it will take more time to discover.

Regarding tax problems - I believe there should not be any problems. Just take tax amouns from v3 and add tax from v4 for periods since upgrade.
  3. booforum

booforum Member

Sorry...Yeah, it's going to be a problem. However, it seems like a pretty easy problem for you guys to simulate. All you need to do is create a practice/temp v3 with a sale that had sales tax, then upgrade to version 4 and watch it merge.

Your second paragraph makes no sense at all. The problem is finding sales tax from Q1-Q3 in my aMember now. It doesn't exist because it's merged with just common sales.
  4. booforum

booforum Member

Do you have an estimate of when this fix will be available?