Setting Affiliates & Affiliates url

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by rafiq, Dec 3, 2011.

1. rafiq

rafiq New Member

I have installed in domain.com/members/

1. How do i change my affiliates section to domain.com/affiliates/ ?

2. I have went to configuration/affiliates and setuped the whole section, for example"Affiliate Cookie Lifetime, Affiliates Signup Type, ...............".

I have wordpress site in domain.com (i have enabled wordpress from Integration Plugins but haven't activated amember plugin from my wp-admin) and some html pages serving as product pages, The link of the purchase link at the product pages will be "http://domain.com/members/signup/index/c/1"

Do i have to make any other changes in order to get the affiliates work? Because in old script that i was using, It needed a line of code at the top of every page in order to track the sale.

Is there any step that i'm missing.

3. How do i change the url of Helpdesk

4. is it possible to have my customers be able to attach images from helpdesk?

Regards
  2. rafiq

rafiq New Member

I have a plugin that adds licensing feature. It has functionality of adding manual keys, but there is another section where it says,

When i open "http://localhost/?add_license_key=ejunkie" in browser, it says " Sorry call not recognised"

I want to know where can i add this url to IPN URL feilds?

I will be glad if someone can help me!
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

1. It is impossible to change URL. You may setup usual redirect using mod_rewrite in .htaccess in root of your domain.

2. No, it is not necesssary. As aMember handles payments internally, it knows where customer came from, and when and how much does it pay.

3. See (1)

4. Right now attachments are not support, we will implement it later. Right now you can disable aMember's built-in helpdesk and use any third-party software.
  4. rafiq

rafiq New Member

@thanks,
    but i still need help adding IPN url...
  5. rafiq

rafiq New Member

I have two more questions,

1. How do i change my affiliate section from domain.com/members/aff/aff >>>>> domain.com/members/aff/

2. Where is affiliate login & Signup form?

3. When i enter my affiliate id, it takes me to the homepage instead of redirecting on the selected page.

Regards
  6. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Just read another thread that this bug has been fixed.

You can create a new affiliate signup form in the "Forms Editor" in the amember admin.

Login should use the same amember login box.

David
  7. rafiq

rafiq New Member

@davidm1
    Thanks, But i searched and came across this thread and they haven't posted the solution. I have sent the support ticket and hope they will fix the issue.

Also, Do you know where can i add IPN url?

Also, i don't know where should i start my affiliate section from, Means that i have a signup page and login page with amember but they are in domain.com/members/aff/aff

With one /aff/ it says 404, Do you think i should create a domain.com/affiliates < as a page in WordPress and redirect users to that signup pages?

But what about /aff/aff,..... Can i make it with one aff in the url?

Thanks for helping me :) Appreciate it.
  8. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes file will be sent in ticket.

Not sure I understand, do you mean in your paypal account?

Yes create page that will redirect to aMember's affiliate area url: domain.com/members/aff/aff
    URL can't be changed unfortunately