Show member area in Joomla! 2.5

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by wallpaper_01, Oct 2, 2012.

1. wallpaper_01

wallpaper_01 Member

Hi I'm running the amember login widget on my joomla template this works fine but... I'm just wondering if there is a way when the user logs in that the member area could be within the joomla template rather than going off to the amember template?

Are there any examples of this?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Dan
  2. vacc_webmaster

vacc_webmaster Member

You will need to open your joomla site by right clicking in the browser and click "show source". Split the HTML content in two parts, a header and footer so then you can copy this HTML into the footer and header in amembers template so it will be wrapped around the amember content.

There are some modules/components for joomla called like i frame but they work because it won't pass javascript and other scripts through the module.

Also, have you customized the sign up page to show within your joomla content? That too (along with the member area) alt to be tied with your joomla content.
  3. wallpaper_01

wallpaper_01 Member

Figured it out in the end. I ripped the Joomla template out and stuck it over the top of aMember and changed all the links. So the amember section looks like its in Joomla but its actually not! Works well!

Thanks

Dan