Signup Page Just Fades Out If Member Clicks Login

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by ak48avk, Jul 18, 2012.

1. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

If you try the page below and click on 'If you already have an account on our website, please login to continue' the page just fades out but the link looks ok.

I'm sure this link was working fine. Recently I added my logo to the layout.phtml. I don't see how that could affect it. Have I done it wrong?

http://angelakane.com/amember/signup

Thanks
  2. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

I think it is because I stupidly amended my theme and I think I may not have backed up amember since my last update 4.2. And I think there were some changes to the theme pages.

I'm looking at the consequences and correcting it.

A lesson to be learnt here!!
  3. dealershift

dealershift New Member

I'm having the exact same problem.
  4. dealershift

dealershift New Member

I added this line at the just above the </body> tag and it fixed the problem:

PHP:
    <?php echo $this->render('_popup.phtml'); ?>
  5. raw8888

raw8888 New Member

The problem seems to only happen in newer versions of IE ...research leads me to conclude the culprit to be with how JQuery cleans the comment tags. I upgraded my jquery to 1.7 still no luck. so either Amember needs a work around or we wait until JQuery fixes the glitch. For now I removed the pop-up feature, and the the link on the sign-up page goes directly to the log-in page. Too bad..
  6. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

My problem was definitely because I had uploaded a pre V4.2 template. I have now created a new theme from the V4.2 sample template and it now works fine. Although I haven't checked it using IE.

Anyone want to try?

http://angelakane.com/amember/signup

Check the 'I already have an account' link. Is there a pop up menu?

Thanks.
  7. mrross1

mrross1 aMember Pro Customer

Hi Angela,
    Yes the login & lost password appear in a popup, it looks great! Sorry I'm using Firefox and not IE.

Regards,
    Gary