Site theme integration

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by thared33, Dec 17, 2011.

1. thared33

thared33 Member

There's not very much in the new manual about this. I want to take the pages where you login, register, and view your account information and embed that into a Wordpress post. Another way of looking at it is embedding wordpress into the Amember files, but the problem with that is that I have no idea which files to look at on my server since all of those have changed since version 3.
  2. thared33

thared33 Member

I see a place in the Wordpress plugin where you check it, it says 'Use Wordpress theme aMember will use theme that you set in wordpress for header and footer' but when I do, nothing shows up from the member's area, just the wordpress theme with a blank spot.
  3. thared33

thared33 Member

It would be excellent if someone could update the manual with some info on embedding the user's area and login and signup stuff anywhere that you want, if that's even possible.

I tried getting aMember to pull my WP theme but it gave me the problem I described above. My theme is complex and it's not static so that complicates things.
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

The best approach is not to "embed" aMember into a post, but to have aMember pages use your WordPress header and footer. It works seamlessly with most themes; however, there are themes, like yours, that may need some additional coding.

You should submit an ticket to aMember and have them look into this. They are committed to the "single click" WordPress integration and I am confident they can fix this.
  5. thared33

thared33 Member

I'll submit a ticket then. A problem we'll run into as mentioned is that my template pulls various headers and footers along with other things depending on which ones I select in the page/post options in Wordpress. If I can make a new page/post and select the header/footer options, then get Amember to call up that page/post, maybe it'll work, so I'll submit a ticket.
  6. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I am not a coder, but it is my understanding that aMember calls the header with <?php get_header(); ?>. So if sll your dynamic header majic is coded in the header, seems to me that it should work (with some tweaking).