Subscribe on one website, get access to another website

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by 121951, Jun 11, 2013.

1. 121951

121951 New Member

Hello,

I have a client who is asking if this is possible:

1.) Customer subscribes on Website A (which is running aMember)

2.) After customer becomes a member on Website A, they also get immediate access to Website B (also running aMember)

Basically I am asking if it's possible to inject member subscription information into the database of Website B during the sign-up process from Website A.

Is this type of practice common? Should I be looking for some kind of alternative?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Should be doable using the amember api. They may have a plugin available for this too- I think Ken had developed one for 3.x that amember now owns.

David
  3. 121951

121951 New Member

Hi David,

Thank you sooo much for your reply. I do have a few more questions though...

1.) Website A is running aMember 3.x, while Website B is running aMember v4. Upgrading aMember on Website A is most likely recommended I'm sure, but it is required as far as you know?

2.) If I were to inject member subscription information from Website A into the database of Website B, would that now be considered two separate accounts on two different websites? I don't want the customer to start being charged twice if their info is on two different websites. It would be ideal to manage both accounts from only one website, Website A. Also, I can see things getting really hairy if I were required to save payment/CC information on two separate websites.

3.) It would be a dream come true if customers could log into Website B (aMember v4), by checking active subscription status on Website A (aMember 3.x), eliminating the need to save their information on Website B. Would this be possible with the aMember API?

Thanks again!!!
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

1. Yes this is recommended to upgrade.
    2. Actually you just need to pass user login/password and add access, you don't need to transfer CC info or payment info.
    3. I recommend to upgrade your installation on website A to amember v4 and then use amember-remote plugin on website B
    This way you won't have two databases, plugin will just protect content on Website B and will use API in order to query login info from website A