trial period that renews into full product

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by hayleyquinn, May 23, 2013.

1. hayleyquinn

hayleyquinn New Member

Hey guys, currently I want to be able to offer a 7 day free trial that will give users access to 7 days worth of content and after that I want them to be billed if they haven't cancelled and get access to the rest of the content.

I've managed to do this by setting a drip on all the content apart from the first week's of 7 days but the problem is when the users check their user area's it will still say they're on trial and I'm worried that will cause issues.

Ideally I want after 7 days the product their assigned to change into full membership, what are my options?
  2. borise

borise Member

One product, first price 0.00 for 7 days, second price in $. Unless they cancel, they will get billed the second price after 7 days. If they do cancel, their access is revoked.
  3. hayleyquinn

hayleyquinn New Member

I've got that already but intially they are signing up for "trial membership basic", when this charges after 7 days it's still called "trial membership basic". I want it to go to the other product called "membership basic"
  4. borise

borise Member

Why not name your product membership basic and communicate on the sales page that they can try out the FULL product FREE for 7 days?
  5. hayleyquinn

hayleyquinn New Member

Because it's not the full product for 7 days, it's 1 week's content instead of the whole month's content.
  6. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Payments periods and access are separate things in v4.

You set the product settings to do the billings, then you use the protect content settings to control access.
    Set access control to allow access for 7 days. Then set another record to allow access for days 8 - whatever period you want. Hopefully these will match the trial into paid periods.

David