Trying to add Japanese and Korean languages

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by 121951, Jun 26, 2013.

1. 121951

121951 New Member

Hello,

Thanks to another member here, I have figured out how to add another language for my website visitors to view my website in.

However, I am having a little trouble getting my website to show up in the these languages.

I went ahead and added a "kn.php" language file to my amember/application/default/language/user/ directory, and it appears in my list of languages to choose from in the aMember admin (see attached screen shot — I believe it is the option after "Italiano"). But when I visit my website and choose to view it in Korean (see second screen shot), it keeps defaulting back to English for some odd reason.

I also went ahead and tried adding a Japanese language file (ja.php), but as you can see in my first screen shot, it doesn't even show up in my list of languages to choose from (which I am assuming should automatically show up if I add the PHP language file to the amember/application/default/language/user/ directory).

Would anyone know what I am doing wrong??

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. 121951

121951 New Member

I just realized I needed to change the Korean language file from kn.php to ko.php.

Now both Korean and Japanese languages show up fine in my list of languages to choose from (see screen shot — after the Italiano option).

However, I am still experience the odd issue of my public website defaulting to English if I choose to view in Korean. If I choose to view it in Spanish (Español) it changes language perfectly.

What could I be doing wrong this time??

Thank you!

Attached Files:

3. 121951

121951 New Member

Mighty anyone have a clue as to why the site won't change to Korean when I choose it???

It defaults back to English. If adding a new language should be as easy as adding a new language file into the appropriate directory, then why is aMember being finicky when I try to utilize the new language?