Two confusing signup methods

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by englishfox, Jul 10, 2013.

1. englishfox

englishfox New Member

The signup form for the free 'basic account' just asks for an email address. A super simple signup designed to get lots of people on board.

However, these members can then upgrade to a paid 'gold account'.

Because the initial signup for the 'basic account' uses just an email address, I want to collect the names of upgraders in the 'gold account' signup form.

However, when creating the form in the name block, it has 'hide if logged in' checked. This option is greyed out so I cannot change it. This means that if a customer who wants to upgrade is logged in, I cannot find out his name. Amember assumes I already know the customer's name because he is logged in, but I don't.

How can I change this?

Thanks for your help! I've been struggling along without a programmer (I can't program!) but it is slowly starting to work. :)
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

The simple, and best solution, is to add the name field on the basic signup form. Adding their name, even for a free product, is not out of the ordinary.
  3. englishfox

englishfox New Member

Yes but I don't like the idea that aMember is forcing me to find a way round something so simple.

A single box to sign up is also not out of the ordinary so I should be able to do it, rather than be forced to take their names just because aMember doesn't think I'd ever need someone to enter their name at a different time.