Unsubscribe link

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by chucknorris, Feb 20, 2013.

1. chucknorris

chucknorris Member

Hi,

I'd like to add an unsubscribe link manually in the footer of my HTML emails (I don't want aMember to add this automatically). Where can I grab the link to make this unsubscribe link?

Also, is there a way to send out a test email message for an autoresponder? I have an email message created but I don't want it to go live until I send, test, and make sure it's how I want it.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
  2. igpman

igpman aMember Pro Customer

I also need to know this.

What is the code? e.g. %unsubscribe_link% or whatever reference I can use to place in the email?
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

You can't add unsubscribe link in the body of the message but you can modify templates which is used in order to generate such link (aMember CP -> Setup -> Email -> HTML E-Mail Unsubscribe Link)
  4. igpman

igpman aMember Pro Customer

Can you make it possible to add it in the next version? Because there is a reason I don't want to do it that way. I understand it can be done but it will be messy. It means I need to cut off the closing html tags in my email template and then add them in the unsubscribe template, and it also forces me to compromise the formatting and layout across the various email templates. If anyone except me edits the email templates they might add the closing html tags and so break the formatting again.

It would be much nicer and easier if I could add it in dynamically like with the users name and so on.
  5. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Yes, we agree with your point. Such feature will be included in next minor release. By the way. aMember automatically add unsubscribe template before body tag if body tag is already exits in your email otherwise it just append this template. So you do not need to put html and body tags to unsubscribe template.