Unsubscription Confirmation Button?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by linguaspectrum, Dec 8, 2012.

1. linguaspectrum

linguaspectrum Online English Teacher

One of my subscribers pointed out that when the link is clicked at the foot of the newsletter - To unsubscribe from our periodic e-mail messages, please click the following link - there is a checkbox but no submit button.

How does a subscriber unsubscribe in such a case?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

When customer changes checkbox value, it is submitted instantly via AJAX.
  3. linguaspectrum

Is it possible to put a note on the page to reassure subscribers that this is the case?
  4. jeremyb

jeremyb New Member

I have a problem with this link, but a bit different from the OP:

In my email client (which is Outlook.com, in Google Chome), the link looks like this:
    Code:
    http://site.com/amember/unsubscribe?e=email%40hotmail.com&s=codeRemoved
    When I click on it, I get this link:
    Code:
    https://site.com/amember/unsubscribe?e=email%2540hotmail.com&s=codeRemoved
    And it says, "Wrongly signed URL, please contact site admin". It works fine, however, when I remove the "25" part.

I'm thinking that somehow, "%40" (the encoded version of "@") is also getting encoded as "%2540". Not sure why this is happening.
  5. linguaspectrum

I suspect AJAX is not working. I received the following email today:

Sorry to say it so bluntly but apparently your unsubscribe link doesn't work. This is the third or fourth time I keep receiving your newsletter even though, during the past week ten days, I clicked the link at the bottom of the e-mail message.
  6. linguaspectrum

Actually, the user who complained is not subscribed to the mailing list, but nevertheless received the mailing. I selected the filter on the email page and this resulted in 7734 recipients from a total of 7788 users. The user who received the mailing should not have done so as she was unsubscribed from the mailing list.

It seems that the AJAX is working, but something is still allowing unsubscribed members to be included.
  7. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Richard,
    Please contact us in helpdesk with this issue and provide aMember CP login info and that user's email address.