Upgrade Failed from 4.2.13 to 4.2.14 (Crashed Amember) HELLP!

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by satoriprime, Feb 8, 2013.

1. satoriprime

satoriprime New Member

Hey guys,

Just tried to do a manual install to upgrade my amember from 4.2.13 to the newest version 4.2.14

Instructions indicated on Amember sites say that it's ok for the files to be overwritten so I uploaded through my FTP (FileZilla) to my domain.com/amember folder and then continued to follow the directions "Run http://yoursite.com/amember/admin-upgrade-db from your browser;"

Did that and now I'm receiving a page not found error...now my files don't match my SQL database and I can't get aMember back up. Unfortunately, I did not backup these files assuming (always a mistake) that it would be a routine upgrade...I'm totally stuck...can't get to my admin panel.

I'm assuming my database for amember is still intact, so I'm wondering if I should just do a fresh install, but then how do I recover my amember database??

Any help would be amazing! Please help!

Attached Files:

2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

First try renaming your existing aMember folder to something else.

Download the current version of aMember and upload it to your site using the original folder name. Run setup and use the existing database name, username and password.

Otherwise submit urgent helpdesk ticket to aMember support.
  3. satoriprime

satoriprime New Member

I got it working :) Thanks!