Upgrade, Product Specific sales link, Affiliate registration and Signup

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by mhmtozek, Dec 11, 2011.

1. mhmtozek

mhmtozek Member

1- I currently have 4.1.1 installed and configured on my server. I see that 4.1.7 as latest version. Do I simply upload and overwrite old files via ftp? (I dont see any update notification on my admin area)

2- Where do I find product specific sales list?

3- We have over 30 products. And I see no way having an affiliate sign up page without selecting a product to sign up.

- We will like to keep current signup page with product listed above the signup form for client registrations
    - We would like to have a page for affiliate signup where they are not required to select a product at all and become only an affiliate. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance
  2. mhmtozek

mhmtozek Member

sorry, i meant where do i find product specific sale link
  3. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Yes; however, a built-in updating feature was added to newer versions so after you manually update, future updates will be handled automatically.
    You can use the Form Editor to create an unlimited number of signup/sales pages. Each page will have a unique URL.

Each signup/sales page can include any or all of the following components:
    • Product(s) - You can specify exactly which products or categories to include on the form
    • Payment System(s) - You can specify which payment system to provide
    • Name - Will hide if logged in
    • Email - Will hide if logged in - Can configure to send email verification
    • Username - Will hide if logged in
    • Password - Will hide if logged in
    • Address Info
    • Phone
    • Coupon
    • User Agreement
    • Newsletter Signup
    • Custom Fields
    After enabling the Affiliate Module you can handle affiliate registration three ways as shown in this drop down menu from the Affiliate Setup/Configuration page.

affiliate.png

You are correct that a person would have to log in to have access to the affiliate link. After they log in this link is listed in the member area as shown below:

affiliate2.png

You could set up a free product called something like "Site Registration" that would allow them to become an affiliate without purchasing a product. You also have the option of manually adding affiliates and then sending them an email with their login/password.

You also have the option of using a third party affiliate program that would liklely give you more flesibility.

You can easily arrange the items on any sales page to any order you want in the Forms Editor.
  4. gswaim

You can add a sales link to the Member's Area in the ""Protect Content" area. Follow the steps on this page.
  5. mhmtozek

mhmtozek Member

Hi Grant,

You know, I often wonder why amember is a script to sale out but not a standalone site where we would get access to backend per monthly bases and pay a membership fee (the same marking with e-junkie). Great support, great script.

I really appreciate your very detailed answer, you didn't need t take it into that much details, only the links to right pages would be enough for me to figure it out.

My question with affiliates wasnt that they needed to login. Yes they have to login, but the problem that I didn't had an affiliate sign-up form. Found it on Forms Editor page while creating products links. So all my issues are solved.

P.S. I see that you use quite a lot screenshots. To reduce your timing for screenshots, i would strongly suggest you to get that app ( http://screensnapr.com/ ) installed on your pc. It is extremely handy :) (Just to clarify, I have no connection with screensnapr)
  6. gswaim

I roll with Snagit.