Upgrade Question - from 4.2.17 to 4.3.5

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by tarynike, Nov 12, 2013.

1. tarynike

tarynike Member

Hi - I've never done an aMember upgrade before and want to make sure I don't crash something. What all do I need to backup to make sure things go smoothly?

I did a backup using the Utilities in aMember, but that just backs up the database, right? What else should I back up in case I need to restore?

Also, I have a custom directory that was painstakingly put together by aMember folks - I can't lose that of course, and custom forms I've built, etc.

Thanks! :)
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Backup your database and also complete aMember folder.

This way if anything goes wrong you can upload old aMember folder and database so you can go back to how things are now.
  3. tarynike

tarynike Member

Okey doke - thanks!
  4. tarynike

tarynike Member

Ok - upgrade seemed to go well, although my custom directory is missing, both on the front end and the back end. It's not available to choose from anymore from the admin Members Directory area. I'm assuming I need to put in a support ticket for this? Also, had to pay $80 to do the upgrade - I got an error message that I couldn't upgrade without that. hmmm
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes please send request to helpdesk. In regards to upgrade subscription, your upgrades period was over, so that's why you got an error.