Upgrade to v4 from current working v3 site

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by anzam, Apr 3, 2012.

1. anzam

anzam New Member

Hi Alex,

Wondering whether there has been any update to this message from the wiki page about upgrading from v3 to v4:

We're currently at a "quiet" time of the year, which means that if v.4 is stable for upgrade, then it would suit us time-wise. We're eager as there are a number of reporting features we're interested in. That said, if it adds a lot of maintenance overhead, we're happy to wait until our next "quiet" period (just after the norther Summer).

Thanks.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This depends on what are you using in amember v3 currently.
    aMember v4 doesn't have all plugins from v3 ported and import is possible for paypal subscriptions only.
    Also such upgrade of course require some additional work from you because scripts are different.
  3. srqwebguy

srqwebguy New Member

Am I reading this properly? Version 4 only allows for Paypal subscriptions?? I wish I had known that before I bought the update rights. This will be useless without an Authorize.net plug in. When will that be available?
  4. alexander

No. My message about paypal subscriptions was related to import. Currently this is possible to import only paypal subscriptions from v3 (and not recurring sales for all supported plugins).
    I'm working on Authorize.CIM import atthe moment, so it will be available soon.
    In regards to supported payment plugins have a look here:
    http://www.amember.com/p/main/paysystems/
  5. anzam

anzam New Member

Thanks for the update Alex. Unfortunately I see that eWay isn't supported yet. Any word on when it will be available?

Additionally, we have had a number of customisations set up by CGI Central, will we need to have these migrated over by yourself?

And do we need to have a list of customisations ready?
  6. extremeb

extremeb Jrobe

I am currently using Amember 3.2.3 and have nearly 800 recurring members. It sounds as though I won't be able to give CGI-Central my business any longer. It's a shame after having been a loyal user for years.
  7. alexander

Sorry can't provide time frame for this yet.

Please try to install v4 and test it, may be some customizations will not be required because they are implemented already.
  8. alexander

What payment system do you use in amember v3?
  9. docmurdock

docmurdock New Member

Alex, are you going to implement the FREE payment plugin from V3 into V4? We had all our members under that due to some 1shoppingcart extra requirements. The systems would not talk back and forth without a lot of work on the 1shoppingcart side. Trying to move my members over from site today. Thanks