Upgrading to v4 and importing users?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by sharit, Dec 12, 2012.

1. sharit

sharit New Member

Hi,

We have a website that uses version 3.2.4 Pro with a wordpress site. It was set up (a while ago) so that users sign up through aMember and then go into wordpress and create their profile there (using custom fields).
    We would like for users to be able to update their profiles directly through amember, as can be done in version 4, but would we have to reenter all of the users' profile fields that were created in wordpress? Or would we be able to import those unique fields into amember?

Here's an example of a profile created through wordpress that we would like the users to be able to edit through the aMember (version embedded within wordpress)
    http://www.ytoc.org/inner-connections-castle-rock-parker-highlands-ranch-littleton-colorado/

Is it worth trying to do this?
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This can be done with aMember v4 but require additional customizations. By default only basic info will be synced.
  3. sharit

sharit New Member

Thanks, Alexander. Can you by chance point me in the direction of how I would be making those customizations? Do you know of a page or tutorial that would explain some of this?If so, it would be much appreciated.

I'm wondering if I would need to set up those fields via aMember prior to importing the users, etc

Thanks!
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Well customization depends on your exact setup, if you need an example please contact as in helpdesk and provide access info. I need to check database structure.