Urgent: aMember Script Error. Paying Members can NOT access site.

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by konnichiwawa, Jan 1, 2013.

1. konnichiwawa

konnichiwawa Guest

I have a monthly membership site and right now, no one can log in because of an aMember error. I know support is closed until the 4th, but I need help urgently...

I am replacing some info in the error to protect privacy...

Script Error
    The database has encountered a problem, please try again later.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Am_Exception_Db' with message 'Table './website_amember4/am_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired at /home/public_html/website/mems/library/Am/Session/SaveHandler.php line 77(145) in query: REPLACE INTO am_session SET `id`='9d231ca563a5885299b93f4e9406411b', `modified`='1357040915', `lifetime`='7200', `user_id`=NULL, `data`=''' in /home/website/public_html/website/mems/library/Am/App.php:985 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Am_Db::defaultDatabaseErrorHandler('Table './website...', Array) #1 /home/website/public_html/website/mems/library/DbSimple/Generic.php(1244): call_user_func(Array, 'Table './website...', Array) #2 /home/website/public_html/website/mems/library/DbSimple/Generic.php(861): DbSimple_Generic_LastError->_setLastError(145, 'Table './website...', 'REPLACE INTO am...') #3 /home/website/public_html/website/mems/library/DbSimple/Generic.php(1478): DbSimple_Generic_Database->_setLastError(145, 'Table './website...', 'REPLACE INTO am...') #4 /home/k in /home/website/public_html/website/mems/library/Am/App.php on line 985
  2. konnichiwawa

konnichiwawa Guest

With absolutely no programming skills, I was still able to figure out that I needed repair the "am_session" table using phpmyadmin. The repair seemed to work and members can now log in.

Apparently we were down for quite some time. No telling how many potential customers we lost. January 1st, great timing. Had I not been able to figure this out, with aMember tech support completely closed until January 4th, this would have become a terrible situation. I am currently backing up the website and doing member damage control.

Hopefully this can be investigated further to see if something still needs fixed that caused this, but the urgency has been reduced.

I did put a ticket in and updated that as well.

Thank you!